Don’t those just look scrumptious? I think they do, And they are, if that matters to anyone at all. These are a new favorite of mine for breakfast. It makes 3-5 pancakes (depending on how you pour) that are about five inches in diameter. The calorie total for just the pancakes is 209. When I added syrup and the strawberries it was only 271 calories total. An excellent number considering how good these are and how filling. 16 grams of protein, too! (From the eggs.)
- 2oz of 1/3 Fat Cream Cheese (or whatever you prefer)
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp granulated sugar (or truvia/splenda/etc.)
- Get a non-stick pan hot and ready to go!
- Blend together all of the ingredients. I actually used a blender for this- I found it to be easiest.
- Pour onto the pan in small amounts. It will create a very thin pancake- much like a crêpe.
- Cook as you would a regular pancake. Flip it when the bottom is brown. Then cook the other side.
- Top with topping of your choice! For syrup, I like to put it in a small condiment dish and dip it, I use less syrup that way. Though I definitely suggest fruit. Strawberries are great. You can roll the pancake around a strawberry slice and it’s heavenly.