No Bake Cookies
Posted by Bethea
No-Bake Cookies have been one of my favorite treats forever. They have a lot of different names. My friend’s family even calls them kitty litter cookies because of how they look. Chocolate + Peanut Butter + Oatmeal is an amazing mixture, though, and I just felt like it so I made them! This recipe only made twelve. You can double it to get two dozen, but that would have been way too many for just me and my dad. I like a lot of peanutbutter in mine- mostly because I think it keeps them from getting dry and crumbly as they have a tendency to do if you don’t make them just right. These turned out to be really good, moist, and amazing!!!
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoon cocoa
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 3/4 cup of peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups of oatmeal
- Lay out a long sheet of wax paper. You can also spray non stick on some aluminum foil if you don’t have any wax paper. (I was out for some reason.)
- In a medium pot, bring the sugar/butter/milk/cocoa to a boil. Do so slowly so that the sugar melts properly.
- After it comes to a boil, let it go for one minute. Then stir in the peanut butter and vanilla.
- When the peanut butter and the vanilla is well combined with the chocolate, stir in the oatmeal.
- With a spoon, drop the mixture onto the paper. This should make 12 cookies (depending on the size, of course).
- Let the cookies cool and harden. If they don’t harden the way you would like, you can always refrigerate to help them set.
sugar/milk/butter/cocoa in the pot
1 1/2 cups oatmeal
sugar/milk/butter/cocoa melted together
boiling chocolate mixture
peanut butter stirred into the boiling mixture
stirred in oatmeal
About BetheaI am a 23 year old with an unruly muse! I'm constantly crafting in some form- baking, knitting, writing, etc.
Posted on May 18, 2011, in Dessert, Recipe and tagged baking, chocolate, chocolate peanut butter cookie, cookie, dessert, food, no bake cookie, peanut butter, recipe. Bookmark the permalink. 3 Comments.