O’Charley’s Dinner Rolls | My Replication!
So I have been experimenting for quite some time with different types of yeast rolls, tweaking the recipe constantly- trying so hard to find a delicious, sweet dinner roll like they serve at O’Charley’s. Whenever I made the best donuts ever, I ended up baking some of the dough. I just had this feeling- and when I did, it turned out to be a delicious bread that was almost exactly like what I was looking for.
Whenever I made these dinner rolls, I cut that recipe in half and altered it- just slightly. What came out were dinner rolls that could have been brought home from O’Charley’s. They were the best ever. No lie. They were better than my first few tries at yeast rolls.
- 2/3 cup warm whole milk
- 1/6 cup of sugar
- .25oz dry active yeast
- 1 large beaten egg
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Warm the milk in the microwave for about 1 minute, and pour it over the active yeast and sugar in a small bowl. Stir gently to combine and set aside for about 10 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a separate bowl. Add the butter and beaten egg to a large mixing bowl. Pour the yeast concoction on top of this.
- Fit the mixer with dough hooks. Stir together the butter/eggs and the yeast mixture with the hooks.
- Mix the flour and salt together.
- Add the flour/salt to the wet mixture in 1/2 cup increments.
- After adding all of the flour, gather it into a ball and place it into a greased bowl. The dough is going to be wet.
- Cover the bowl and set it in a warm, dry place. Allow it to rise for about an hour.
- After rising, turn the dough out on a floured surface. Roll it out to about 1/4-1/2 inch thickness.
- Punch out rounds with a cutter, and place on a parchment paper lined pan.
- After cutting out your rolls, cover them and allow to rise about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 12 minutes- or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and brush with melted butter.
dough ready to rise
ready to roll out
punching out the rounds
half way through rising
ready to eat