Rufus Thinks I’m a Versatile Blogger
Recently Rufus’ Food and Spirit Guide bestowed upon me an award of blogging awesomeness. (At least, that is how I have interpreted it.) I was incredibly flattered and surprised, and it has generated some new views and a couple of subscribers. Like Rufus, I’ve been reading a lot of food blogs- a lot of which I have linked to from Foodpress. I’m going to post a list of the few that I like the best. I suppose, like Rufus, I should have been kind enough to poke all these people and ask for their permission. But I don’t expect anyone to feature a bunch of blogs if they don’t want to! Apparently you’re supposed to do 15, and like Rufus, I’m opting not to.
But before I link you all to the blogs I’ve been enjoying reading, I’m supposed to tell you 7 things about myself.
1. I am in love with Frank Sinatra.
2. I am equally in love with Theodore Roosevelt.
3. I have a pug mix named Tallulah who is like a child to me.
4. I’m actually a very picky eater so learning to cook is a challenge for me.
5. I play World of Warcraft. I also play tabletop RPGs. I’m kind of a nerd.
6. I’m from the South.
7. I have a strange obsession with odd numbers.
The Blogs I Like
- Happy Domesticity — I’ve been reading this blog for a few days, and I love reading all of the updates. I fell in love after seeing the picture of bran flake pancakes.
- Easy Baked — This is another blog I found from cruising Foodpress. All of the recipes on the main page looked delicious and I just had to subscribe to the blog. I’m looking forward to trying out the peanut butter eggs.
- Mia Cucina — I subscribed to this blog about a week ago. The recipe for braided sweet breads is one that really caught my attention. I’m going to try it very soon and fill it with apples instead of cherries, etc.
- Ksquared365 — Not all food, but there are a lot of amazing pictures. Don’t these caramel apples just look TO DIE FOR? I can’t wait for it to be summer enough to make them.
- Christine Twardzik is cooking From Scratch — Now this site has some great recipes, too. What really caught my attention was one for pineapple salsa. I love pineapples- and so does my entire family. I showed this to my dad and he has put it down on his to do list.
- Dorsey Kitchen — I think the header on this site is just genius- I love it, and am jealous that I wasn’t awesome enough to make something like that. The photos here are simply divine. What really got my attention was that, like me, she chooses to blog things that aren’t always a total success- like these scones.
- The Portland Lifestyle — I love the posts here, and yet again- great pictures. I’m jealous of all the great pictures these people are doing. Anywho- my favorite recipe I’ve read so far is this one for apple turnovers. I’m from the South so turnovers are great. I’d never seen them made quite like this- and they look irresistibly delicious.
- RPG Lady — A personal friend of mine. This blog is about roleplaying games- tabletop, specifically. She has some interesting posts about her journey as a gamer and her decision to become a GM.
- Screaming At the World — Same blogger from above who is writing about a challenge to get a novel ready for publication.
- Neeshanoo Photography — Another personal friend of mine! She is an excellent photographer and has a photo blog. She specializes in newborn and baby shoots.