Ramekin Strawberry Cobbler ~ SUPER EASY!
Today I bought some ramekins- I didn’t have any, and found a set of 4 at TJ Maxx for only six dollars. So I got them, and then I had to figure out what on earth I wanted to do with them. I have been trying to figure out what to do with the leftover strawberries I had. I thought about making these Strawberry Cucpakes, but I wasn’t sure I had enough strawberries to make them. And, my dad just made a German Chocolate cake and told me that he didn’t want anymore cake in the house. I asked him what I could do with my strawberries, and he suggested doing something with my new ramekins.
My grandmother had this recipe she used to make easy cobblers- and he said I could do that in my little dishes. So I found a recipe online for strawberry pie filling and decided to use it as a guideline for making the strawberry part of the cobbler, since I already had the recipe for the cobbler part. This recipe was really simple and the product was incredibly delicious. I could only eat half of one because it was so rich and delicious. This is good with a dollop of whipped cream, too.
Strawberry Filling Ingredients
- 1 lb strawberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8th teaspoon salt
Strawberry Filling Instructions
- Boil 1/2 cup of water in a small pot.
- Slice 1 cup of strawberries and add them to the pot of boiling water.
- Crush the strawberries in the pot of water using a potato masher.
- Allow it to simmer for a few minutes.
- Heat another pan while the strawberries are simmering.
- Pour the strawberry mixture into the warm pan. Add the sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Continue to simmer until the mixture gets thick.
- After the mixture thickens, remove it from the heat.
- While waiting on this to cool, dice what is left of the strawberries. Put these sliced strawberries into 2 6oz ramekins.
- Pour the cooled strawberry mixture on top of the diced berries in the ramekins. Set to the side.
- 6 slices of bread
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 stick butter
- Melt butter in the same pan you used for the strawberries.
- Remove from heat and stir in sugar and beaten egg.
- Tear the bread into small pieces and stir it into the butter/sugar/egg mixture.
- Cover the strawberry filling with the bread mixture.
- Bake the ramekins at 400° until the bread is golden brown.
crushing the strawberries
boiling the berries with water
adding the berries to the sugar/cornstarch/salt
thickened strawberry mixture
the diced berries in the ramekins
strawberry goop on top of the diced berries
melting the butter for the breading
sugar, egg, and butter
adding in the bread
bread all stirred in
covering the berries with bread
fresh out of the oven
Posted on April 12, 2011, in Dessert, Recipe and tagged baking, cobbler, dessert, ramekin, ramekin recipe, ramekin strawberry cobbler, recipe, strawberries, strawberry cobbler. Bookmark the permalink. 11 Comments.