No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
So today I am featuring a recipe from a guest chef- my good friend DL Dzioba. This past Friday (March 25th) me, her, and another friend of ours had a cooking party. We made pizzas, cheesecake, and s’mores pie. I’ll be blogging the other recipes as well. But I wanted to make sure to showcase the delicious cheesecake first. I’m usually not a fan of homemade cheesecakes- but this is of the no bake variety. It turned out to be incredibly delicious and I am definitely going to make it on my own. It seemed a fairly simple recipe- so I definitely encourage all of my readers to give it a try!
- 2 Cups Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2 8oz. packages of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Almond Extract (or any other flavor you want to add to the chocolate)
- 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream, whipped
- Melt the chocolate until smooth, set aside
- Pour milk into small saucepan,sprinkle gelatin over top and set aside for 1 minute to soften, cook over low heat stirring constantly until gelatin fully disoves, set aside
- In large bowl beat together cream cheese and sour cream until smooth, slowly add melted chocolate and continue to beat. Add milk and gelatin mixture and almond extract- mix in completely
- Fold in whipped cream
- Pour into graham cracker crust and chill for at least 1 hour before serving
Milk and gelatin!
Cream cheese & sour cream
After beating in the chocolate, milk, & gelatin
Folding in the whipped cream
Happy Cheesecake! (which looks like a ninja turtle)
Ready to eat!