Cookies N Cream Cupakes
These are by far the best cupcakes that I have ever made. They are cookies n cream cupcakes, and as you can see the cookie bits managed to not sink to the bottom. It almost looks like a blueberry muffin when you open. And, to make it even more awesome, they were very light, fluffy and delicious. If only I had been able to make an equally awesome frosting. Instead, we bought some chocolate frosting and iced the cupcakes with it. Nothing fancy- hence no pictures with icing on top. I definitely would encourage anyone who is a cupcake fan to try this recipe.
- 1 stick of butter/margarine melted (on defrost!) and then let it cool- don’t add it while hot!
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 cup of chocolate sandwich cookies crushed (or more!)
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line a cupcake pan with foil liners.
- In a large bowl mix the butter, milk, and vanilla until it is thick and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl mix together your flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture a little bit at a time. Mix it at low speed until well combined. Then add the egg whites one at a time. Beat until well mixed.
- Stir in the crushed cookies- make sure they are evenly dispersed!
- Fill the cupcake liners about 1/2-2/3 full. Bake for 15-17 minutes. The top should be springy when you touch it. You can always use the toothpick trick for this, too.
- Remove from pan and let cool. After cool- frost with flavor of choice! (I suggest chocolate or cream cheese.)
Ready to frost!
Inside of the cupcake
It makes 24 o.o